Friday 7 February 2014

Nasi Goreng Kampung Tumbuk Style Mak Aku!


Its Friday morning and I was feeling kind of reluctant to get out of bed, since dah janji ngan Sous Chef Zaidi nak jumpa dia, I gagahkan diri jugak tuk berjalan ke bilik air. What a cold morning!  Luckily my rice milk soap managed to wake my senses and bring my bubbly-self back to life. I blame my nephew Shahfeeq whose constant persuasion made me hang out with him at Pasar Borong last night till the wee hours of the morning. Can’t spend lots of time with Chef since it’s a Friday so catching up was only touch and go. 

One of the trainees remarked about this blog, requesting me to update simpler-beginner-stage recipes so she could at least try to attempt while living away from family (sigh). I guess the ones that I updated are not that difficult when I suddenly remembered my early years of living away from my parents. Even to make sambal I had to call my mom. I then realised what she meant.  I asked the trainee, you mean a recipe as simple as nasi goreng? And she nodded… 



So here I am making some when I immediately got home (quickly before my cooking muse disappears!). My other half tells me that I could do both simple and advanced recipes – let this blog be meaningful and contribute to the community even if it has a small audience. It has then served it’s purpose and fed me with my cooking passion.  So, ok-lah-yer… I’ll upload my everyday cooking if I have time ok?(Provided my cooking muse isn’t away, maklumlah dia tu diva)

Pening jugak jadi blogger ni kan?  The other day, I was asked to update in English so that my non-malay speaking acquaintances can also comprehend.  Banyak pulak permintaan ek? Dahla my English setakat pass nak masuk secondary school jer dan padahal blog ni update setahun sekali jer! Haha. 

Here is the recipe for Nasi Goreng kampung tumbuk Style Mak Aku!

Ingredients (serves 4)
Rice (cooked)
A few bird eye chillis (dependeing on how pedas you can tolerate)
2 Onions
4 – 6 cloves of garlic
a handful of Anchovies (Ikan bilis) – Kalau tangan besar banyakla, kalau tangan kecik sikit jer.. hahaha
Salt to taste
Ajinimoto (optional)
2 eggs
4 tablespoon of cooking oil

Method 

Pound coarsely all the ingredients
In a wok heat the cooking oil
Fry all the ingredients (not just until fragrant – but until it is browned or almost burnt)
Add the egg and stir until it becomes crumbly
Add salt and ajinomoto

Add Rice and stir until it is well mixed


** Drum Roll **
Ready to serve

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...