Tuesday 18 January 2011

Chef Ross’s Domok (Gemuk) Fingers (Berangan jadi chefla pulak kan?)

I’m not a chocolate lover, but the rest of my siblings are. So as my cousin; the one whom I live in with now. Plus, my nieces and nephew – the one that’ll never lose the chance to come over to my place whenever they don’t have anything-else-better to do. Duhhh!! 

I made the first batch of this, weeks ago on my trial kitchen, only to find out that most of my ‘food tester’ likes it. Last weekend, I promise my mom to go back to my kampung for a ‘get-togther’ since I have not been visiting her for quite some time. Tapi disebabkan ada last minute order, I had to cancel it. Left with nothing much to do on weekends, apart from lazing around watching movies and novels, I decided to bake this, so that I could share the recipe with my blog readers.


I don’t know how to describe it – perhaps a little bit like chipsmore cookies + the chocolate coating. Something like your ‘first crush’…. ‘SWEET!’


  • 125g butter
  • 50g caster sugar
  • 1tbsp condensed milk
  • 1tsp vanilla essence
  • 185g plain flour
  • 1tsp baking powder
  • 60g dark chocolate, finely chopped



For Coating
  • 150g dark chocolate, crushed
  • 30g vegetable shortening


Beat the butter, caster sugar, condensed milk and vanilla essence until creamy. Mix in the combined sifted flour and baking powder until smooth. Fold in the chocolate.
Take approximately one tablespoons of the mixture and form into fat fingers. Place well apart on the tray that you already greased it with butter. Bake for about 15 – 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
Leave for 5 minutes then cool on a ‘redai’. Sorry guys, aku tak ingat apa org panggil this ‘redai’ in English. Wire rack perhaps. Haha. (The results for not being in the job market for quite some times kan?)
For Coating, melt the chocolate and vegetable shortening in a small bowl place over a pan of simmering water. Stirring occasionally, until the chocolate dissolve and become smooth. Then sppon the chocolate over so that it covers the biscuits completely

3 comments:

  1. YUM! Make some for me, D. How much do you charge? I'll get it on Thursday morning or Wednesday evening. Boleh? SMS me.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...